UA_header_NEW2011d.jpg

Kim Jong Angler?

by Kirk Werner on April 5, 2013

Kim Jong Un is upset. With the current tensions emanating from the Korean Peninsula, one has to wonder if perhaps Kim Jong Un might benefit from a little chill time—perhaps a few days off to do a bit of reflecting on the situation at large. A time out, as it were. Maybe even do a little angling.

Assuming of course that the benevolent leader of North Korea does partake of recreational fishing, one must ponder the type of angler he is. It’s safe to assume that His Omnipotence sees himself as a skilled fisherman; a rather accomplished angler, if you will.

As he sees himself: Kim Jong Accomplished

But given the fact that the North Korean regime has a reputation for speaking in less than truthful ways, we would not be remiss if we were to suppose that the Boy Leader is considerably less accomplished as an angler than he sees himself (most of us are, right?).

As he really is: Kim Jong Un-accomplished

Welcome to the club, Kim Jong Un-accomplished. Let’s send him a sticker.

UA stickers arriving soon via US Air Mail.

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Mike Sepelak April 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

HA!!!! I think we’ve just found our new Secretary of State.

Kirk Werner April 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I appreciate the vote of confidence, Mike. However I’d never pass the background check.

Chuck Atkins April 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM

In the far recesses of my simian brain is a conservative warmonger that hopes this idiot shoots a missile at Guam or Hawaii. Then one of our many submarines that is surely sitting of the coast of Korea will blow him off the face of the earth! It’s a fantasy that after I have a drink tonight and kiss my wife I will be ashamed of!

Kirk Werner April 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Those are some beautiful words you’ve typed out, Chuck…

Howard Levett April 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I’d like to see The Idiot Un put his money where his mouth is. Unfortunately we wouldn’t see it unless someone has a toilet cam. And Kirk, nobody beats the original Un…nobody.

Kirk Werner April 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM

With the popularity of the Go-Pro, I think nothing is out of the relms of possibility. Not sure I want to see that particular footage, though.

goosemaster April 6, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Kirk, you have breeched the wall of the subjects that are taboo in polite conversation, politics. I agree with Chuck, blow him off the map.

On a lighter note in a short amount of time the infamous Firehole Rangers will once again ride the range on the annual pilgrimage east to Jellystone Park. Wind, snow, bison, elk, Yogi and Bullwinkle. Oh yes, who can forget the beautiful Ho Hum Hotel with the ever present smell of cat piss wafting thru the air. I can hardly wait.

Kirk Werner April 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Politics? What? This is just a fly fishing blog, sort of. And yes indeed, greatly looking forward to when the Rangers ride again!

Mysticfish April 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

As bold as Kim Jong Un is, I think he should take up flats fishing for sharks while wading with cut bait. That would accomplish something.

Kirk Werner April 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM

And let’s strap a Go-Pro on him while he’s there…

Gin Clear April 7, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Glad to see you found a new side biz, Kirk. Supplying Raytheon with advanced dictator fish finding tech?

Kirk Werner April 8, 2013 at 9:11 AM

Just a side gig to help pay the blog hosting fees :)